NEW YORK CITY – December 16, 2013 – Performance marketing network Rakuten LinkShare today announced double-digit year-over-year (YOY) growth during Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Additionally, the company reported unprecedented results in transactions conducted on mobile devices.
Specifically, Rakuten LinkShare reported the following results for each of the biggest online shopping days of the year.
- Same store sales increased 48 percent YOY.
- Overall mobile sales increased 85 percent YOY.
- Smartphones represented 6.8 percent of sales, which is 162 percent YOY growth.
- Transactions conducted on tablets were 12.8 percent of sales, representing a 60 percent YOY growth.
- Same store sales increased 44 percent YOY.
- Overall mobile sales increased 64 percent YOY.
- Smartphones represented 5.3 percent of sales, a YOY increase of 121 percent.
- Tablet transactions represented 11.9 percent of sales, a 47 percent YOY increase.
- Same store sales were up 41 percent YOY.
- Overall mobile sales increased 60 percent YOY.
- Smartphones represented 4.2 percent of sales, a YOY increase of 110 percent.
- Tablet transactions were 9.4 percent of sales, a YOY increase of 46 percent.
The top grossing categories throughout each of the days included computers and electronics, apparel, and video games.
“Over the past few years, online retailers have experienced record-breaking kickoffs to the holiday shopping season,” said Yaz Iida, chief executive officer, Rakuten LinkShare. “As they look for even greater gains, we’re committed to providing the most advanced technology and services that will ensure their success during the busy holiday season and throughout the year.”
About Rakuten LinkShare Corporation
Rakuten LinkShare Corporation provides online retailers and other businesses with expert online marketing services and solutions. Rakuten LinkShare’s cost per action (CPA) affiliate network and lead generation campaigns can acquire new customers, increase revenue and drive overall results while achieving target return on ad spend. Rakuten LinkShare clients are Fortune 500 and other prominent companies doing business online, including J.C. Penney, 1-800-Flowers.com, American Express, Avon Products, and The Body Shop. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Tampa, London, Tokyo, São Paulo, and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.linkshare.com. Rakuten LinkShare is part of Rakuten Marketing’s integrated marketing solutions, which include affiliate marketing, retargeting & display, search marketing, and product & data feeds.