Send All Print Materials to email@example.com
These specifications are subject to change. Please see your contract for the most up-to-date information regarding your specific creative.
Failure to meet the requirements outlined in these Print Display Ad Mechanical Specifications absolves Montgomery Media of all responsibility and liability for printing or design errors.
DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD
- Trim: 16 x 10.75 inches
- Bleed: 16.5 x 11 inches
- Safety Area: All text should reside .25 inches inside the trim
SINGLE FULL PAGE
- Trim: 8 x 10.75 inches
- Bleed: 8.25 x 11.25 inches
- Design Tip: Single page ads should be designed so that they can be placed on either left or right pages.
1/2 PAGE VERTICAL
- Trim: 3.229 x 9.5 inches
- Bleed: No Bleed
1/3 PAGE VERTICAL
- Trim: 2.097 x 9.5 inches
- Bleed: No Bleed
- Trim: 3 x 1.5 inches
- Bleed: No Bleed
- Ensure that all images are a minimum of 300 dpi at 100% of final placement size.
- Keep all text and elements at least one quarter inch within the trim.
- Convert all spot/special colors to four-color process.
- Please provide CMYK files only. Do not submit files in RGB, or files containing additional channels.
- Use 12 point offsets for registration marks.
- TIFF/IT-P1 files should be created with a linework resolution of 2400 dpi and a continuous-tone resolution of 300 dpi.
- Flatten any transparencies.
- Do not use menu-style fonts (i.e., by selecting italic in the style menu). Use the font variation instead.
- Use the QuarkXPress “Collect for Output” feature, or the InDesign “Preflight” feature to ensure all page elements (images and fonts) are captured and included.
- Ensure that all Photoshop files are a minimum of 300 dpi at 100% of final placement size (600ppi if text elements are embedded.)
- Save all Illustrator files in EPS format.
- Please Note: Any amendments/production work not specifically discussed and agreed upon in the original advertising contract will be charged for as an additional and separate cost. This may include rework for documents submitted that do not meet the mechanical specifications (above), work to remove spot or special colors (unless with prior agreement) or rework on graphics files that do not meet our printing parameters.
Please prepare your ad for submission as a press-ready PDF, QuarkXPress 4.11/5.0, or Photoshop/Illustrator EPS or TIFF file. Ads created in Pagemaker or other applications not mentioned above may not be usable. If you use a Windows PC, include a PDF, TIFF or editable EPS file in addition to source files.
Adobe Type 1 fonts are preferred; OpenType fonts are also acceptable. Choose bold or italic fonts when needed; don’t apply bold or italic styles to plain fonts or your type may not output correctly. To avoid font issues with EPS files, consider converting your EPS file’s fonts to outlines. If you are knocking type against a rich black background use 60% Cyan and 100% Black.
Use crop marks to indicate bleed and trim. Offset your crop marks enough to keep them out of the bleed.
All bitmap images must be at least 266 dpi – do not enlarge 300 dpi images more than 112%. TIFF files containing text should be 600, 800 or (preferably) 1200 dpi.
Use process CMYK colors (not RGB, spot or index colors). Do not embed color profiles in image files.
Color Match Proofs – 3 Options:
- Create and submit a match proof. A Match Proof is a digital halftone print-out generated by thermal imaging technology, output directly from digital file you have supplied. Acceptable formats include Kodak Approval, Fuji FinalProof (Luxel 5600 or Creo Spectrum/Trendsetter Spectrum), KPG Matchprint Digital Halftone (Creo Spectrum/Trendsetter Spectrum), DuPont Waterproof Thermal (Creo Spectrum/Trendsetter Spectrum), and Latran Prediction/PolaProof [formerly Polaroid PolaProof].
- We can create a Match Proof for you. If you are unable to generate a Proof, for $200 we will create one for you. If you elect to use this service, you will be mailed a proof created from your submission for your approval.
- Choose not to send a Match Proof. If you elect not to send an approved Match Proof, Montgomery Media is absolved of all responsibility and liability for printing or design errors.
After you submit your ad, you have 48 hours to get back to us to let us know whether or not you’re going to submit a color match proof. If we do not hear from you within that time, we will presume you will not be submitting a color match proof.
No matter what format your ad is in, it must be accompanied by all source files, including the final layout file, images, logos, and screen and printer fonts. Fonts used in placed EPS files must be included as well if you have not converted them to outlines. Even if you are sending a final PDF, EPS or TIFF file, you must include source files with your submission in case an element needs to be altered.
Send us your ad on CD, via email (if it is less than 5 MBs in size) or an online file-delivery service (if it is over 5 MBs in size). Please scan your disc with a virus checker before sending it.
In addition to your disc and proof, enclose your production contact information and a printout of your disc’s contents.
Send your package to:
Revenue Performance Magazine
55 New Montgomery Street, Suite 617
San Francisco, CA 94105
Attn: Production Manager
*Be sure to ship via trackable carrier.