Around the world, utilities are under pressure. Citizens demand energy and water that don’t undermine environmental quality. Regulators seek action on smart grids and smart metering initiatives that add intelligence to infrastructure. Customers seek choice and convenience – but without additional costs.
Around the globe, utilities are re-examining every aspect of their business.
Oracle can help. We offer utility experts, mission-critical software applications, a rock-solid operational software suite, and world-leading middleware and technology that can help address these challenges. The result: flexible, innovative solutions that increase efficiency, improve stakeholder satisfaction, futureproof your organization – and turn information into power.
Utilities can begin with one best-of breed solution that addresses a specific pain point. Alternatively, you can implement several pre-integrated applications to ease the development and administration of cross-departmental business processes. Our complete applications and technology footprint can be standardized to focus on accountability and reduce the resources spent on vendor relations.
Oracle Is A Leader In Utilities: 20 of the Top 20 Global Utilities Get Results With Oracle
Oracle provides utilities with the world’s most complete set of software choices. We help you address emerging customer needs, speed delivery of utility-specific services, increase administrative efficiency, and turn business data into business intelligence.
Oracle Utilities offers the world’s most complete suite of end-to-end information technology solutions for the gas, water, and electric utilities that underpin communities around the world. Our revolutionary approach to providing utilities with the applications and expertise they need brings together:
- Oracle Utilities solutions, utility-specific revenue and operations management applications:
- Customer Care and Billing
- Mobile Workforce Management
- Network Management System
- Work and Asset Management
- Meter Data Management (Standard and Enterprise Editions)
- Load Analysis
- Load Profiling and Settlement
- Portfolio Management
- Quotation Management
- Business Intelligence
- Oracle’s ERP, database and infrastructure software:
- Oracle E-Business Suite and other ERP applications
- Times Ten for real-time data management
- Data hubs for customer and product master data management
- Analytics that provide insight and customer intelligence
- ContentDB, SpatialDB and RecordsDB for content management
- Secure Enterprise Search for enterprise-wide search needs
- Siebel CRM for larger competitive utilities’ call centers, customer order management, specialized contacts and strategic sales:
- Comprehensive transactional, analytical and engagement CRM capabilities
- Tailored industry solutions
- Role-based customer intelligence and pre-built
- Oracle’s AutoVue Enterprise Visualization Solutions:
- Make business and technical documents easily accessible by all enterprise users
- Expedite document reviews with built-in digital annotations and markups
- Boost the value of your enterprise system with integrated Enterprise Visualization
- Oracle’s Primavera Solutions:
- Effectively manage and control the most complex projects and project portfolio
- Deliver projects across generation, transmission and distribution, and new clean-energy ventures
- Optimize a diminishing but highly skilled workforce
Stand-alone, each of these products meets utilities’ unique customer and service needs. Together, they enable multi-departmental business processes. The result is an unparalleled set of technologies that address utilities’ most pressing current and emerging issues.
Cross-organizational business processes and best practices are key to addressing today’s complex challenges. Oracle Utilities provides the path via which utilities may:
- Address the "green agenda:"
- Help reduce pollution
- Increase efficiency
- Complete software suite to enable the smart grid
- Advance customer care with:
- Real-time 360-degree views of customer information
- Tools to help customers save time and money
- Introduce or retire products and services quickly, in response to emerging customer needs
- Enhance revenue and operations management:
- Avoid revenue leakage across end-to-end transactions
- Increase the visibility and auditability of key business processes
- Manage assets strategically
- Bill for services and collect revenue cost-effectively
- Increase field crew and network efficiency
- Track and improve performance against goals
- Achieve competitive advantage with a leading-edge infrastructure that helps utilities respond quickly to change
- Reduce total cost of ownership through access to a single global vendor with:
- Proven best-in-class utility management solutions
- Comprehensive, world-class capabilities in applications and technology infrastructure
- A global 24/7 distribution and support network with 7,000 service personnel
- Over 14,000 software developers
- Over 19,000 partners
Strategic Technology For Every Utility
Only Oracle powers the information-driven enterprise by offering a complete, integrated solution for every segment of the utilities industry – from generation and transmission to distribution and retail services. And when you run Oracle applications on Oracle technology, you speed implementation, optimize performance, and maximize ROI.
When it comes to handling innovations like daily or interval meter reading, installing, maintaining, and replacing plant and linear assets, providing accurate bills and supporting your contact center and more, Oracle Utilities is the solution of choice. Utilities succeed with Oracle. Oracle helps electric, gas, water and waste management meet today’s imperatives to do the following:
- Help customers conserve energy and reduce carbon footprints
- Keep energy affordable
- Strengthen and secure communities’ economic foundation
Meeting the Challenges of the Future, Today
Utilities today need a suite of software applications and technology to serve as a robust springboard from which to meet the challenges of the future.
Oracle offers that suite.
Oracle Utilities solutions enable you to meet tomorrow’s customer needs while addressing the varying concerns of financial stakeholders, employees, communities, and governments. We work with you to address emerging issues and changing business conditions. We help you to evolve to take advantage of new technology directions and to incorporate innovation into ongoing activity.
Partnering with Oracle helps you to futureproof your utility.