Just because it’s such a terrific set of slides, one more point from the Meeker presentation referred to above: mobile is going to be even more massive than we already thought. To summarize the thrust of her argument:
- The iPhone/iPod touch is the single fastest growing piece of tech in history.
- Adoption is ramping up faster than it did for the Wii, the original iPod or the Sony PSP.
- Associated technologies are going nuts too: Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth and GPS are all ramping fast.
- This is all happening during a massive recession. It will really go crazy as the economy rebounds.
- Location-based services are going to make mobile 10 times bigger than desktop Internet.
As Mary said in her presentation, if you’re not on board with mobile, you need to move now.