Trilliant is the leader in delivering intelligent networks that power the smart grid. Trilliant provides hardware, software and service solutions that deliver on the promise of Advanced Metering and Smart Grid to utilities and their customers, including improved energy efficiency, grid reliability, lower operating cost, and integration of renewable energy resources.
Since its founding in 1985, the company has been a leading innovator in the delivery and implementation of advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), demand response and grid management solutions, in addition to installation, program management and meter revenue cycle services. Trilliant is focused on enabling choice for utility companies, ranging from meter, network and IT infrastructures to full or hybrid outsource models.
Trilliant provides fully automated, two-way wireless network solutions and software for smart grid applications. The company’s smart grid communications solutions enable utilities to create a more efficient and robust operational infrastructure to:
- Read meters on demand with five minute or less intervals;
- Improve cash flow;
- Improve customer service;
- Decrease issue resolution time;
- Verify outages and restoration in real time;
- Monitor substation equipment;
- Perform on/off cycle reads;
- Conduct remote connect/disconnect;
- Significantly reduce/eliminate energy theft through tamper detection; and
- Realize accounting/billing improvements.
Trilliant solutions also enable the introduction of services and programs such as:
- Dynamic demand response; and
- Time-of-use (TOU), critical peak pricing (CPP) and other special tariffs and related metering.
Solid Customer Base
Trilliant has secured contracts for more than three million meters to be supported by its network solutions and services, encompassing both C&I and residential applications. The company has delivered products and services to more than 200 utility customers, including Duke Energy, E.ON US (Louisville Gas & Electric), Hydro One, Hydro Quebec, Jamaica Public Service Company Ltd., Milton Hydro, Northeast Utilities, PowerStream, Public Service Gas & Electric, San Diego Gas & Electric, Toronto Hydro Electric System Ltd., and Union Gas, among others.