Around the world, utilities are under pressure. Citizens demand that utilities provide energy and water without undermining environmental quality. Customers seek choice and convenience, and regulators respond with new market structures. Financial stakeholders look for operational efficiency at a time when aging workforces and infrastructures need replacement.
Pressures like these are forcing utilities to re-examine every aspect of the utility business, from supply to consumption. And no utility can handle those changes alone.
Oracle has positioned itself to become utilities’ software partner of choice in the quest to respond positively and completely to these pressures. To do so, Oracle brings together a worldwide team of utility experts, software applications that address mission-critical utility needs, a rock-solid suite of corporate operational software and world-leading middleware and technology.
The result: Flexible, innovative solutions that increase efficiency, improve stakeholder satisfaction and future-proof the organization.
Oracle has reshaped the utilities IT marketplace. During the past year, by acquiring two world leaders in utility-specific applications – SPL WorldGroup and Lodestar – Oracle has created Oracle Utilities, a new brand that establishes a unique portfolio of proven software, integrating industry-specific applications with the capabilities of Oracle Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database.
Oracle Utilities offers the world’s most complete suite of end-to-end information technology solutions for the gas, water and electric utilities that communities around the world depend on. Our revolutionary approach to providing utilities with the applications and expertise they need brings together:
- Oracle Utilities solutions, utility-specific revenue and operations management applications:
- Customer Care and Billing
- Mobile Workforce Management
- Network Management System
- Work and Asset Management
- Meter Data Management
- Load Analysis
- Load Profiling and Settlement
- Portfolio Management
- Quotations Management
- Business Intelligence
These solutions are available stand-alone, or as an integrated suite.
- Oracle’s ERP, database and infrastructure software:
- Oracle E-Business Suite and other ERP applications
- TimesTen and Sleepycat for real-time data management
- Data hubs for customer and product master data management
- Analytics that provide insight and customer intelligence
- ContentDB, SpatialDB and RecordsDB for content management
- Secure Enterprise Search for enterprise-wide search needs
- Siebel CRM for larger competitive utilities’ call centers, specialized contacts and sales:
- Most comprehensive solution for Sales, Service and Marketing
- Complete out-of-the box solution that’s easy to tailor to your needs
- Results such as percentage increase in sales pipeline, user adoption, opportunity-to-win ratios and doubled revenue growth
Stand-alone, each of these products meets utilities’ unique customer and service needs. Together, they enable multi-departmental business processes. The result is an unparalleled set of technologies that address utilities’ most pressing current and emerging issues.
Cross-organizational business processes and best practices are key to addressing today’s complex challenges. Oracle Utilities provides the path via which utilities may:
- Advance customer care with:
- Real-time 360-degree views of customer information
- Tools to help customers save time and money
- Ability to introduce or retire products and services quickly in response to emerging customer needs
- Enhance revenue and operations management:
- Avoid revenue leakage across end-to-end transactions
- Increase the visibility and auditability of key business processes
- Manage assets strategically
- Bill for services and collect revenue cost-effectively
- Increase field crew and network efficiency
- Track and improve performance against goals
- Achieve competitive advantage with a leading-edge infrastructure that helps utilities respond quickly to change
- Reduce total cost of ownership through access to a single global vendor with:
- Proven best-in-class utility management solutions
- Comprehensive, world-class capabilities in applications and technology infrastructure
- A global 24/7 distribution and support network with 7,000 service personnel
- Over 14,000 software developers
- Over 19,000 partners
- Address the “Green Agenda”:
- Help reduce pollution
- Increase efficiency
STRATEGIC TECHNOLOGY FOR THE EMERGING UTILITY
Today’s utility is beset by urgent issues – environmental concerns, rising costs, aging workforces, changing markets, regulatory demands and rising stakeholder expectations.
Oracle Utilities can help meet these challenges by providing the leading mission-critical utilities suite in the marketplace today. Oracle integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle’s industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware and database technologies. We enable customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, help them meet ever-evolving customer demands, enhance operational excellence and deliver on commitments to environmental conservation.
Oracle Utilities’ flexible, standards-based applications and architecture help utilities innovate. They lead toward coherent technology solutions. Oracle helps utilities keep pace with change without losing focus on the energy, water and waste services fundamental to local and global human and economic welfare.
Only Oracle powers the information-driven enterprise by offering a complete, integrated solution for every segment of the utilities industry – from generation and transmission to distribution and retail services. And when you run Oracle applications on Oracle technology, you speed implementation, optimize performance and maximize ROI.
Utilities today need a suite of software applications and technology to serve as a robust springboard from which to meet the challenges of the future.
Oracle offers that suite.
Oracle Utilities solutions enable you to meet tomorrow’s customer needs while addressing the varying concerns of financial stakeholders, employees, communities and governments. We work with you to address emerging issues and changing business conditions. We help you to evolve to take advantage of new technology directions and to incorporate innovation into ongoing activity.
Partnering with Oracle helps you to future-proof your utility.
For more information, call +1.800.275.4775 to speak to an Oracle representative, or visit oracle.com/industries/utilities.
Copyright © 2008, Oracle. All rights reserved. Published in the U.S.A. This document is provided for information purposes only and the contents hereof are subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document and no contractual obligations are formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.